"How do you
drain the swamp when the alligators are biting at your ankles?"
328 Increase Organizational Maturity to Drive Innovation, Performance, and Sustainability
Get off the hamster wheel and back in control of your organization while making work a lot more enjoyable for you and your team.
Many county leaders and managers feel overwhelmed and stressed with workload demands exceeding capacity, with no end or relief in sight. Leaders find themselves consumed with the day-to-day activities, leaving little or no time (or energy or passion) leftover to work on organizational development and maturity. Organizations are not meeting expectations, unable to control growing service demands, have inadequate organizational processes and systems in place, or have fallen behind on industry best practices and technology.
- Understanding your current situation and the objectives you need to achieve
- Determine the organizational elements that need to be addressed for forward progress
- Engaging advocates, champions, and building the team for success
- Strategies for making the time to fix things
- Identify the organizational infrastructure needed to drive maturity
- Developing a roadmap to move forward
Instructors: Steve Monaghan is the director of the Information and General Services Agency for Nevada County; Laree Kiely, Ph.D. is president and CEO of We Will, Inc. and professor at the USC Marshall School of Business.